Vista Won't Boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gvv20011

Hi i have an unbootable vista laptop (acer brand)(vista came pre-loaded) and i do not know what to do to fix it. okay, here's how it happened, i was downloading files off the internet and then my windows explorer stopped working. After waiting for about 5 minutes, nothing happened, then i clicked on my task bar and i got a message saying "Your firewall has blocked certain programs from working" and the program was windows explorer. When i turn on my laptop, i get the acer logo screen with the "press F2 for settings" and "press F12 to change boot order" then i get a black screen with a blinking underscore in the top left corner. My OS is 32bit Vista Home Premium with 149GB HD 3GB RAM AMD Athalon Processor. The Laptop Model is an Acer Aspire 5517. Please Help Me :confused:

I am in the exact same boat with my Toshiba A205. Can't seem to get many suggestions. I've been trying to fix this since last night and can't get it to boot in ANY mode. I was also running Internet Explorer 8 at which time it stopped responding and I tried restarting my computer and have been having this problem since.

Gvv20011

I feel ya, the last screen i get to is the black screen with the blinking underscore, i dont even get boot options.

Right after the logo disappears start taping f8 and go to safe mode. Then open my computer then right click your drive and find the disk check option and initiate a thorough one.

I've seen keyboards with function lock buttons not allowing you to to use those keys. Do you have one?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online