1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista wont load after update error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by y2owen, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. y2owen

y2owen Thread Starter

I was manually installing service pack 2 on windows vista because i was told this would sort out my problem with not being able to do any auto updates, then it got to the stage where it shutdown and was installing 1/3 updates then when it got to the 2nd part it crashed and when i restart the laptop nothing happens at all, just a black screen, no boot menu options or anything like that. I dont have a vista disc or anything like that, does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can solve this problem, sorry if my explanation was short and not very detailed.

thanks in advance

2. TacticalSniper

TacticalSniper

Um, I believe you will need some kind of disk. Specifically, you'd need either the Vista disc or the ERD disc. You need to launch a repair on your OS, as it seems to be screwed. Can you get into Safe mode? Can you get into the pre-boot menu at all?

3. y2owen

y2owen Thread Starter

no i cant get into the boot mode or safe mode at all.

where would i get one of those discs from?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946683