1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista won't log off?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by BlueJayz, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlueJayz

BlueJayz Thread Starter

I've been having a problem lately where my Vista won't log off, so if I try shutting the computer down it will just get stuck at the logging off screen forever. I've done a system restore and it did not help and I'm not sure what else to do. I've searched around and seems like many people have had this problem but I can't find a solution!

Also I've noticed that only won't log off if other people are logged in as well, so if only 1 account is logged in it will have no trouble logging off, but if you switch users and have more then one person logged on then the problem will occur. So not using switch user has become my temporary solution but I'd like a better one please.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

What programs did you install lately?

3. BlueJayz

BlueJayz Thread Starter

Well before it started I downloaded a pc game using a torrent file, could that be the problem?

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

It could be, maybe the game has something running all the time and doesn't stop. When you log off, Windows usually waits for programs to quit nicely.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice