1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista won't start !! 0xc0000034!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by halpij, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. halpij

halpij Thread Starter

Hope this is not too long a description of the problem.

1. My nephew has a G70 HP laptop running Windows Vista
    2. there was no vista disk and he did not create a recovery disc. Serial number is illegible
    3. His hard disk crashed.
    4. I managed to get hold of a legit Vista disc from my brother in law, it was Dutch. I managed to load in Vista and an appropriate language pack onto a 320 GB HDD
    5. I got the HDD from Ebay as prices were sky high at the beginning. Unfortunately the HDD has now got some errors and Vista stopped workin
    6. I had cloned his drive after installation so that if he had a problem I could easily reinstall. Vista CD returned to Holland, brother in law is also Dutch
    7. I bought a new HDD to reinstall Vista from my backup. Unfortunately I did not know that i could not install the 320GB backup onto a 250gb HDD, even although the actual data is less than 70gb
    8. Reformatted old HDD, reinstalled backup onto it, partitioned the HDD so that OS was now on <250gb partition
    9. Backed up the 250gb then reinstalled it onto the new 250gb HDD. It didn't work
    10. It said there was no Winload.exe file. having checked i found a forum which said this wasn't true. i followed instructions to fix a BCD file and now i am getting the error !! 0xc0000034!! and a file name
    10. Can anyone tell me how to fix this without having to have the vista CD posted from holland.

2. dai

dai

3. halpij

halpij Thread Starter

Dai, thanks for replying but note 2 and 3 on the original post. No recovery disc created and hard drive crashed so now unable to access recovery partition. HP own solution depends on at least one of these being available.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the complete model number of that HP G70 series laptop?

If you don't know for sure, advise what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker is.

-----------------------------------------------------------

5. halpij

halpij Thread Starter

Flavallee, Model is HP G70-111EA

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and software site for the HP G70-111EA (FX432EA) laptop.

You might want to add and save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can readily refer to it when needed.

I was hoping there was a recovery disc kit still available for it, but there isn't. :(

------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice