1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

vista won't start due to file: WMILIB.SYS error code: 0xc000000f

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by IamMorges, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamMorges

IamMorges Thread Starter

I restored my vista 32 bit home premium on my Sony Vaio Desktop, it won't windows due to File: WMILIB.SYS error code: 0xc000000f is missing or corrupt. I have a backup copy that was saved on a disc with windows one care but it won't allow it to restore from that copy. What can I do? In the command prompt when I typed copy c:\windows\32\system etc it asks if I want to overwrite it? Yes/No/All? Can I copy the OS in the command prompt?
    Or please just tell me how to fix my computer. No vista installation disc due to it came preinstalled on my VAIO!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

How did you "restore" and from what?

Why were you restoring?

Were there any error messages during the process?

(It is best practice NEVER to overwrite an important file, but to rename it and then put in its replacement. Even if you think you know you will never need it back, it's a good habit to get into, and people discover that they were wrong about "never needing it again" all the time. In other words, never do anything to a machine that you do not know how to reverse. Always, a trail of breadcrumbs, even if you can see your starting point from where you are standing. :D)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice