1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista worth buying?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by metro.v3, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. metro.v3

metro.v3 Thread Starter

I'm currently considering buying a dell w/ a free express upgrade from Windows XP MCE to Windows Vista Premium. Is it worth getting? Or could there be some serious problems I havent heard of? Also will all my apps work on Vista? o_O

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

That's a little like guessing the future ;) I'm sure there will be some older apps that flat won't work, since you didn't mention what apps you have concerns about, that is the best I can offer :)

3. metro.v3

metro.v3 Thread Starter

Adobe CS 1 and 2
    Need for Speed Most Wanted: Black Edition
    Opera 9
    Torpark
    Mozilla Firefox
    Flock
    Battlefield 2 + 2142
    Steam
    Counter-Strike
    Half-life

in other words nothing older than 2004

4. SouthParkXP101

SouthParkXP101 Banned

i think those will all work, but i would not put it on a dell.... dont be foo;ed , they are the worts pcs... get a compaq or hp, youll be better off;)

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

:rolleyes: Oh, brother. Dell's are not the worst PCs. What reviews have you read that support this, or is this just your personal experience with one two systems?

Dell computers are quality and routinely get good reviews. HPs and Compaqs are made by the same company, HP.

6. jmwills

jmwills

I don't think the US Government is buying pices of crap and that's basically ALL we use for PC's and laptops. Servers are a different issue.

7. G-14_Classified

G-14_Classified

thought that alienware was bought by dell....doesn't that add to the firepower of what dell can do already?

8. jparr111

jparr111

Hmmmm...
    Doessn't the government go with the lowest bidder:confused:

9. SouthParkXP101

SouthParkXP101 Banned

ask people thousand of people hate them and they use some of the cheapest parts they Suck and i know HP and compaq are the same but they still make speerate computers:rolleyes:

10. TechB

TechB

As with most things in life you get what you pay for. Buy a cheap Dell and you get a cheap computer. Buy a better model Dell and you get a better computer. The models they sell to government and large business' are not the same as the models advertised for next to nothing in the Sunday paper :)

Notice I didn't say buy a more expensive Dell but a better model Dell. Dell's sales people are some of the most unscrupulous in the business. They will tell you anything to make a sale. I have seen them sell seniors way overpriced, unneeded upgrades so that by the time the sale is finished the poor person has a $1,700 computer when they phoned in to buy a $500 computer that would have easily met their needs of emailing the grandchildren. Instead of upgrading the low end model they could have bought a mid range model for about $1,000 that actually had more features than the $1,700 upgraded one. I wonder if the Dell sales people get more commision for overpriced upgrades?

Sorry about the rant but I couldn't hold it in.

11. SouthParkXP101

SouthParkXP101 Banned

i agree the better you buy the better yo get but alas they still suck compared to other brands

12. Old Rich

Old Rich

Absolute hogwash . . .

13. jmwills

jmwills

Yes, we do go with the lowest bidder. Don't confuse cost with price. We get excellent service from Dell. Don't even get me started on HP.

14. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Wait until SP1. Thats the best idea.

15. SouthParkXP101

SouthParkXP101 Banned

whatever you guys say... buy a dell waste your money, its your wate now mine:)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/516772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice