1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista/XP Dual Boot Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by guitarbloke, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarbloke

guitarbloke Thread Starter

I hope this is in the correct forum, I'm guessing it's Vista-related...

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me :)

I recently bought a new laptop - and have set it to dual boot between the supplied vista OS & a copy of XP.

I was having a problem with it blue screening during booting to XP. On alternate boot ups (with or without going into Vista in the interim) I would get a blue screen, and had to restart the machine - on the second attempt, it would boot XP no problem.

Well now - the good news it has inexplicably stopped blue screening. Hooray.

The bad news, is that the sound drivers in xp have inexplicably stopped working, also.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, Device Manager doesn't show any obvious problems and yet the previously fully functioning audio is now replaced by internal speaker "beeps" and I cant figure out why...

Thanks guys!

Sean

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/836267

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice