1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vista64 Periodically Hangs while playing Games

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by antsinyourpants, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antsinyourpants

antsinyourpants Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I have a Vista 64, 2.2 GHz Phenom, Nvidia 9100, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HD(1/2 free).
    The problem happens whenever I play games(ie, COD2, SF4, etc...). It would start off fine, but it then hangs up. When it hangs, the game as well as the frame rate would be very slow. It is practically impossible to do anything at this point.
    After a couple of minutes, the game would return back to normal and playable....till it hangs again.

What is wierd is during the first couple of months of having Street Fighter 4, It ran smoothly without hanging. And then all of a sudden, it started hanging and I have been unable to cure it. I am not sure what I updated/changed during this interval.

I have tried the following to fix the problem, but to no avail:
    1. updated my drivers, defrag and cleaned my hard drive and registry.
    2. used CCleaner to remove all unnecessary files.
    3. Tried closing all my programs(ie, Windows Defender, Mcafee, etc...) before running the game

What do you guys think? What were your solutions to this type of problem?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887485

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice