VistaBoot Pro Brokeded my pc?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

djcuze

Okay so originally i could dual-boot Vista and XP on my system, using Vista as the main. I tried installing WIndows 98 and it corrupted my XP boot so everytime I'd go to boot into XP, it comes up with this error:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file

So i've just been using Vista since then.

Last night i downloaded VistaBoot Pro and mucked around with that and if memory serves correct i went to,

System Maintenance (or something like that)
and clicked on Windows Legacy and then Installed a system bootloader.

Restarted my computer, and now it won't give me the option of choosing which OS to go into, it immediately tries to throw me into XP....which would be fine, except i can't boot into it remember> ^^^^

I've searched the internet for the Hall.DLL problem, but can't manage to fix that. I don't really care so much about that, i just want to be able to boot into Vista again.

REFORMATTING IS NOT AN OPTION (Edit: I'm happy to reformat XP, just can't reformat Vista)

Can anyone give me suggestions?

Thanks

NOTE: I have the XP cd. No Vista cd though (Bought the computer with it preinstalled and they didn't give me a disc)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online