1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vistas Stereo Mix Recording

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by LoliBM, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LoliBM

LoliBM Thread Starter

Hi, I just switched to Vista and I like it but I'm having some trouble with recording the Stereo Mix. I know HOW to set it to record the Stereo Mix (Sounds -> Show Hidden Devices, etc etc) but whenever I record things, it records a loud pitched, kind of static. No matter what level of recording I change it to it just keeps doing this. Also, I can't send stereo mix voice clips in MSN at all, it just says "The Voice Clip could not be sent"

I'm using RealTek AC97' Audio

Any solution? One billion points to the person who solves this. :(

2. Asenine

Asenine

When you say 'level of recording', are you changing it in the sounds panel or in an application?

3. LoliBM

LoliBM Thread Starter

Sounds panel

4. Asenine

Asenine

Could you try a driver reinstall?

5. LoliBM

LoliBM Thread Starter

Yes! Three times. Just a small question, would it hurt to try different drivers? To be honest I don't actually know if my soundcard is RealTek or not (all I know is that the RealTek drivers worked on XP) and I don't really know how to find out what it is, but even if it is a RealTek, would I be able to try other popular drivers without things going wrong?

Thanks guys.

6. Asenine

Asenine

Other drivers could cause more problems to clean up. It's your decision, but it's a bad one.

You could find out what your card is in device manager.

7. LoliBM

LoliBM Thread Starter

Well it says the manufacturer is RealTek in Device Manager so I'm assuming I have the right drivers.. What should I do then? Stereo mix recording still isn't working regardless. It just says everything except the microphone is "unavailable"

8. LoliBM

LoliBM Thread Starter

Anyone?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/740192

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice