1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

visual basic help

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by calibretto, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. calibretto

calibretto Thread Starter

do any of you guys know of any sites out there that offers visual basic help? i'm currently taking the second half of the course. right now the programming is probably simple to anyone who knows VB, but i'm having trouble w/ a couple my projects that are due. anyone who knows VB and wants to help, feel free to post here and i'll tell you the problem i'm having trouble w/ and the trouble's i'm having w/ it. or if you know a good site for help, post that here too. thanks a lot.

calibretto

2. brianF

brianF

moving to the developement forum, you should get a better answer there

3. Kristi

Kristi

4. hamptondude

hamptondude

5. TimCottee

TimCottee

I am game to help, anything that doesn't infringe on your academic honesty of course.

6. Grah

Grah

I was wondering if you can help me.
    This is for excel 2000
    I was given code which is public
    I put it behind a worksheet but it does not activate, however when I go to the code and run it to the cursor it works?
    I am sure i need to declare something or put it in a different place
    I have included a small text file with the code for you to peruse
    If you wish more info Please let me know
    Regards
    Grah

Attached Files:

• code.txt
      File size:
      712 bytes
      Views:
  7. TimCottee

TimCottee

Ok, I think I understand, you want this code to be automatically triggered when you open the worksheet? If so then you should go to the VBE editor and with the current VBAProject, select the "ThisWorkbook" object. Open the code pane for this and you have the ability to select the "Workbook" class. For this there are a number of events that you can select, to start this on the open of the workbook choose the "Open" event, alternatively if you have it you may also use "Sheet_Activate" etc., as appropriate. The following code can then be used to automatically begin cycling:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    StartCycle
    End Sub

You can also use Workbook_Close() to use StopCycle to end the cycling process.

The other options available to you are to create icons or menu options which kick-off the appropriate Sub to start or stop cycling.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice