1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

visual basic on MAC

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Redcommie, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Redcommie

Redcommie Thread Starter

I have heard of chipmunk but that changes code around a bit. I am looking for a way to run some time of shell or something like that so i can program in VB on the mac operating system. who knows what to do

2. Darith755

Darith755

The closest thing I have seen to VB for the Mac is REAL Basic. I haven't even messed with a Mac in quite a while so I'm not sure how easy it is to get ahold of. From what little programming I did on the Mac, the syntax and code is much the same.
    I hope this is what you're looking for and that it helps you out some. I really liked REAL Basic but I wasn't very experienced when I used it so I'm not certain about it's limitations, etc.

3. Darith755

Darith755

Found the website with info on either downloading demos or purchasing REALBasic.
    http://www.realsoftware.com/
    I'm not sure if the is the best VB look-a-like for the mac but I know it works relatively well and most of the syntax is quite similar.

4. Redcommie

Redcommie Thread Starter

spasibo bolshoe drug!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/99001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice