1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Visual C++ Runtiime Library Error and More!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by susanlprince, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. susanlprince

susanlprince Thread Starter

I don't know where to begin:

Since it all started when I tried to install some new HP software, I'll start there.

I attempted to install software for an HP 5180 printer and some of the programs in the package failed to install. (See attached screenshots "hperror", "hperror2", and "hperror3").

I contacted HP tech support, I got the uninstall, download this file, reinstall answer about three times.

In the meantime I started getting some runtime errors when Norton starts running. (See attachment "visualerror".)

Somewhere along the line I learned that the HP installation sometimes interferes with NET Framework and I went to Microsoft Update to see if I had the most up to date version of Framework. Apparantly there is a version 3. I figured some of my problem might be in the NET Framework and so I tried installing the newest version, but received an error during that installation. (See attachment "1")

This is another Runtime Error in the Microsoft Visual C++ Library and lists the trouble area as: C:\Program Files\system32\msiexec.exe

So far Hp Support tells me to unistall/reinstall numerous times, and when I did the last uninstall reinstall, I start getting another error labeled : WMI Hp then sends me to a Microsoft page that is WAY over my head about JIT and stuff????? Ugh.

Norton keeps telling me to uninstall/reinstall too.

No one is offering me any real solutions.

Here are the steps I have taken so far:

- System Restore won't restore back to before the HP install.
    - I've run spyware scans from Spybot, Adaware, NoAdware, Ewido and nothing shows (although I did find some MalWare on the system right after I downloaded some files from HP! Coincidence? I deleted it immediately. I'm pretty religious about running spyware/virus scans.)

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take this one on.

-Sue

Attached Files:

2. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

this is just a thought, but have u tried disabling norton & then downloading the hp files?

3. susanlprince

I uninstalled Norton and tried installing the HP files, it was a no go.

All the HP files won't install with or without Norton.

I totally uninstalled what HP files did install, and now the Runtime error occurs anytime Norton runs. I did not have this trouble before the HP ordeal.

Even without the HP files, Norton still errors as well as the NET Framework install trouble.

-Sue

4. susanlprince

Hmmmmmmmm

Ok, as usual, when my pc is down, I become obsessed with finding a fix. I spend hours in my limited knowledge googling, chatting with tech support, etc.

While perusing file folders in Windows, I noticed the NET Framework folder. Good, that's there, then when I left the Windows folder, I noticed another NET Framework folder. Should this be?

I created a restore point and completely uninstalled NET Framework from my system. Deleted those two folders as well.

My runtime issue is gone and Norton is running smoothly.

Now my question is, would the fact that the NET Framework was running or trying to run from seperate folders have been causing the problems? I'm thinking that HP installs NET Framework and creates a completely new folder for it. Ugh.

I'm going to try to reinstall NET Framework and see what happens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice