1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Visual Studio 2005 Installation Help Please

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by deadscenekid, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadscenekid

deadscenekid Thread Starter

I have been using Visual Studio since Jan. or Feb. of this year and it has worked perfectly. Back in March my motherboard was fried and I couldn't do anymore developing until I got my computer fixed which was no more than a week ago. I am using 2 HDD's and my C:\ Drive is 20GB and my D:\ Drive is 40GB. My main drive is naturally my C:\ Drive because it has my Windows Installation on it. I am now trying to reinstall Visual Studio 2005, but it will not install the actual application. I converted the IMG file from Microsoft and converted it to an ISO and I am emulating the image using Daemon Tools. The installer will open and let me go all the way to where it starts to install then gives me an error saying "Visual Studio 2005 - ENU failed to install".

I am trying to install the application on my D:/ Drive which is my Secondary Master because for some reason it wont let me use it as a slave drive. It wont let me use anything for a slave drive come to mention it. I am installing all of my programs on my D:/ because of space. Its alot easier so far.

Any Help?

2. deadscenekid

deadscenekid Thread Starter

any one? any one at all?

I am begging for some help please!

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Why are you messing with IMG and ISO files? Use the CDs.

Did you try just installing it to the C:?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/641096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice