1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Visual Studio Basics (no pun intended)

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by teengeekgrrl, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teengeekgrrl

teengeekgrrl Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know: At some point this summer, my dad will be purchasing (on eBay, of course) a current copy of Visual Studio, and he plans to let me use it, too, because I am thinking of making Application Design a career for myself. And, being a total programming newbie,i have no idea how it's supposed to work. I know some basic HTML/bbCode, and Dad says that programming is kind of like that (he's a programmer too.) Is there anything I should know before I start off? Does anyone reccommend a specific tutorial or how-to book, or do you have do's and dont's about starting off? Thanks! I appreciate your time in answering this. :D:D:D

2. Romeo18

Romeo18

Well I personally would stay clear of Ebay, but I am sure he knows what he is doing. As far as your question. There is plenty of sites as well as how to guides on your subject. Just depends on your experiance depends on which one would help you out the most. The best advice I can give is to start out small and simple obviously and then build on that.

3. teengeekgrrl

okie thanks! :D yeah i think my dad knows what hes doing. :D

4. Romeo18

Romeo18

lol I didn't really mean it the way it came out. I appologize. I just mean I wouldn't use Ebay myself. I personally go to the site of the product itself and normally they have a trial version you can do. Then I use another site and get the serial number and all together doesnt cost me nothing. Although I normally pay for it anyways but the way I do it you wouldnt have to. Anyways, that is all I mean't. I just hear to many bad things about Ebay.

5. teengeekgrrl

thats okay, i didn't take offense or anything. :D Ya gotta be careful on Ebay, but you can get really good deals there... and ebay sounds a heck of a lot easier than trial vversion this and that... IMHO. :D

6. Kramer55

Kramer55

Learning VB as your first language is a very wise idea.

Once you get the basics down, however, try another language such as C++.

It is commonly used and much more powerful and capable than VB.

7. Romeo18

Romeo18

Yeah you really do got to be careful on Ebay. I stay away from them myself. Like Kramer55 said. Learning a simple language at first is a good idea and then move on to something a little tougher. Tends to help in some cases.

8. teengeekgrrl

okay thanks :D

9. Romeo18

Romeo18

No problem. Anytime.

10. teengeekgrrl

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/360413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice