1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vizio HDMI to Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iluvfsu, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iluvfsu

iluvfsu Thread Starter

I have a Vizio 32L and run an HDMI and a separate sound cord from my HP Window 7 computer. I can get both the video and the sound to work great, just not at the same time. If I can get video on HDMI 1, sound is on 2, and the opposite. Please help before I go insane.

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Are you running HDMI from point to point or is it being converted from DVI to HDMI? If its HDMI all the way, you shouldn't need an extra sound cord and somewhere in the audio out settings should be for audio over HDMI (might have to dig through some documentation to find it).
    If you have to run sound seperate, is there seperate audio ports for each HDMI on the monitor? Usually there's only one for one port. Are they hooked up opposite for some reason? You are hooking up video to HDMI one and audio to HDMI one analog audio and the audio only comes through when switched to HDMI 2? Very strange if so, and hooking up audio to HDMI 2 with video still on one produces the same result?

3. iluvfsu

iluvfsu Thread Starter

I think the audio out may be the missing key. I have the HDMI set up and the audio comes out of the laptop if I don't have the audio plugged in. How do I adjust the audio out to HDMI.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Audio setup. Select the HDMI port as the default audio source / output.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice