1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VIZIO M50-C1 50-Inch TV Not Showing Picture

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by BluthsBananas, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BluthsBananas

BluthsBananas Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I was in the middle of watching a YouTube video when suddenly the screen went black - the sound still played and the backlights continued to function, but nothing on the screen otherwise. Upon closer inspection, I noticed a small defect on the panel: on the bottom right corner, there is a circle/cluster of pixels, about an inch around.

Again, my TV is a VIZIO M50-C1 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2015 Model), and I've only owned it for 3 years.

I've attempted power cycling, pressing suggested button combos on my remote control to reactivate the screen, but nothing's worked. Am I screwed here, meaning, do I have a faulty panel, or could it possibly be a less severe problem?

Any ideas?

Thank you everyone for reading this far and for any suggestions.

-Sean

2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Hello there! Welcome to the forum.

I gotta admit. My first impression reading the situation was not positive (due to the visual spot on the screen). However, that doesn't mean its not something simple.

Here is the manual for the television:
    https://cdn.vizio.com/documents/m75c1/um-m75c1.pdf

Did the TV input change? I assume you checked the simple stuff like cables, input, etc.
    Also, I would try to contact their customer support and see if they have an idea:
    Phone: (877) 878-4946 (TOLL-FREE)
    Email: [email protected]

3. BluthsBananas

BluthsBananas Thread Starter

Thank you for the reply! Yes, the inputs do indeed change. From what I can observe, the only thing that appears to be wrong is the lack of picture (and the newly present pixel cluster).

I did call over to Vizio and from what they could diagnose by phone, the tech support agent thought the panel sounded defective. But, since I'm well out of warranty, that's not great news.

4. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    I'm sorry I don't have anything more helpful. I just cannot see anything operationally I think would cause that. It sounds like it's hardware, and since the tech support said the same, I might drop the TV (not spend any more money on it) and start looking for a new one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice