1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VIZO Computer Monitor Goes Black

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by need_help1, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need_help1

need_help1 Thread Starter

My vizio 26" LCD computer monitor cant sustain the full image for some rerason. I know for a fact that it isnt any of my computers, it is the monitor. It used to work fine but out of the blue it went black, i looked closley and you can still see the VERY dim image in the backround. So it seems to be working but it isnt bright enough to see the image. What do i do?

Model Number: LP2626
    Model Name: VMM26 F201

2. pip22

pip22

From your description I would say the "backlight" behind the screen has failed.
    Replacing a monitor backlight would probably not make sense from a cost point of view, that's even assuming you could find somewhere to get it done.

A new monitor is the best and most sensible option, one with a more well-known name that's likely to be more reliable.

3. need_help1

need_help1 Thread Starter

Thanks Pip22, I will look into that. But would fixing a back-light be generic information for someone who actually puts together and designs computers?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice