VLAN config Help!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DrJones1982

Good afternoon all.

I have Netgear GSM7224. I have been tasked with the config and I fear I have let my networking skills go abit rusty. Any help on this matter would be great.

I am trying to configure the switch so that each port is it's own separate VLAN and can only talk to the device plugged into that port and port 24 that provies to connnection to a dsl router

Many many thanks in advance for any help.

Mark.

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What version of the GSM7224 do you have? Do you have the v1 or v2 version?

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Then you're in luck. The v2 version supports private VLANs. Private VLANs allows a construct where you can create a single VLAN but keep all ports (and devices connected to those ports) isolated from each other. There is a promiscuous interface you declare which would be the port the DSL router is connected to. All devices can see and talk to the DSL router and vice versa, but again, the devices won't be able to talk to each other.

It's explained in the administration guide:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GSM72xxPS/7000_SWA_8.0.2_10Mar10.pdf

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online