VLAN - Need guidelines and application note

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnrage

Hello Networking guru,

Am not a network engineers, nor an MCSE certified or a CISCO certified. Out of my ignorance, I want to know about VirtualLAN connectivity from one of our site to another. Currently we have a 256kb DSL connection from the ISP thru a DIVA 2440 ADSL Router. I have Windows 2000 Server, 8 Desktop PC running Windows 2000. I would like to know how to implement if our employee will work outside and outside our INTERNAL LAN.

Give me some inputs and application notes how to create such service.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks.
John
email:[email protected]
MSN: [email protected]

VPN. If you're using 2 sites (only) then installing 2 VPN 'tunnels' on each will allow them to communicate securely over the internet.

If your users need to communicate beyond the '2 sites' then a VPN endpoint is required but is a similar setup. This can be done via a VPN router or Win2K server.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online