VLAN problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rahul_xbox

sir i have a problem with my company.i have 3 vlan 172 series,152 series,10 series.
the problem is that for a particular pc when i switch the user in a 152 vlan then internet is only working for 1-2 minute after it is disconnected automatically but local lan is working fine means if i access local pc then it is accessible .
BUT if i change it to 172 series then it is working fine as i change it to 152 series agian it is not working.
same vlan setting working for all other user.
i already checked lan cable ,pc,switch port but problem is same.

troubleshooting vlans is simpler if you redo the configuration all over again to confirm its not the configs.Try doing so then see what happens

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What switch are we talking about here? What are the subnets for each VLAN? When you re-assign a port on one VLAN to another, you may have issues with the ARP table on your router in correctly identifying which IP the MAC address belongs to. Which brings up the next point, you are aware VLANs are layer 2 and you need to assign unique subnets per VLAN and have a router to allow traffic in and out of each VLAN?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online