Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlan tagging in Nortel BES110 switches

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  zx10guy 
#1 ·
Hello Folks!

We are having one HP core switch and VLAN is configured on it. Four Nortel BES1010(24port) switches will be connected to this HP switch. We need to configure the VLAN tagging in the Nortel switches in order to make deices connected to nortel switches can communicate with devices in the VLAN.

#2 ·
So all you have to do is configure the same VLAN IDs on your Nortel switches. The uplinks between the HP and the Nortel switches will need to be configured as trunk ports on both switches. You may have to add the VLAN IDs you want to traverse this trunk link into the trunk configuration as tagged egress VLANs.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply!!!. I have travers through the options available in the webGUI of the switch but not found the VLAN configuration option. Is it available on the webGUI or need to configure command line? I have telnetted the switch but not responding. Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

#4 ·
I don't know anything about the Nortel switches as I've never worked with them. I have worked with a HP ProCurve switch a few years ago. But most of my experience has been with Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, Netgear, and Dell PowerConnect. Do you have any documentation on the switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.