1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VLC keeps crashing and audio is stuttering

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Beaky1, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Beaky1

Beaky1 Thread Starter

Hi hope you can help,

After lots of unproblematic use, VLC started to crash whilst watching films and this gradually started getting more frequent and taking longer to restart. I downloaded a new version of VLC but now it keeps crashing when I try to load a DVD. Some films will load but then the audio is terrible, very stuttering. Visual and audio are fine when watching things online and from itunes. CD's will play but audio is a bit stuttery, not as bad as with DVD though....

Any advice would be great, thanks

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

3. fxsage

fxsage

I have been using VLC for at least a year with no problems. Try UNINSTALLING (COMPLETELY) and reinstall.

Also do a virus/malware scan.

FX

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/946136