1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VLC Media Player and .mov files

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by kniht, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kniht

kniht Thread Starter

Having a problem with some .mov files rendering in the VLC Media Player. I have Google Sketchup and downloaded the tutorials which are in the .mov format. All of the tutorials play well in Quicktime but most, not all, have a problem in VLC.

In VLC the turorials act as if they are going on and off the screen, like blinking and leaving trails or tracers (reminds me of some of my days back in the 60's :)). I have redownloaded the tutorials in case of a bad download, but as I stated all play well in Quicktime.

Have included a screenshot. Don't know how else to explain the problem. Out of the twenty or so tutorials, only about 4 play OK in VLC.

Any help is welcome.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice