VLC media player, help needed!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DragonBice

Hi!

I want to watch a movie that I have in my computer, on my TV. I just don't know how to "export" (or whatever) the file to my TV. The Computer and the TV set IS connected btw :)

Would be very grateful for any help percieved!

Tim Hansson

Have the display setup as extended desktop with the computer monitor as primary and your TV as secondary. Start the movie in VLC, drag the window over to the TV and maximize the window.

DragonBice

Hi, Stantley!
Thanks a lot for helping out, although I need too bother You once again...
I'm from Sweden, hence having all language on my computer set at Swedish, so, I have trouble understanding the phrase "display setup as extended desktop", as You wrote in your reply, since the "display setup" is called something different in Swedish. Do You mean the display setup in VLC or in windows (You see, I suck when it comes to things like this) and where do I find theese options? It would be VERY good of You if You could 'rephrase' Your reply so that a stupid moron like myself could understand it :S

THNX!

Tim Hansson

DragonBice said:
Do You mean the display setup in VLC or in windows
It's the Windows display. Right-click on the desktop > Properties > Settings

Set it up similar to mine:

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online