vlookup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jassy6939

Respected All,

My doubt regarding vlookup function I just want match 2 cell. Both cell contain numeric cells. When I vlookup both cell showing Not applicable error. When I check both cell with "Is number " function one cell showing True & other cell showing False. I think one cell may be contain text format. Can I know any solution to change text formula to number formula. Please help me.

etaf

Wayne
do a text to columns - that will change the text number to a real number
also try a formula in another cell - cell + 1
can you attach a sample sheet

jassy6939

do a text to columns - that will change the text number to a real number
also try a formula in another cell - cell + 1
can you attach a sample sheet
Thanks for the reply dear, I tried 1st option but its not solved and can I know how the 2nd option?

etaf

Wayne
2nd option is just to see if the cell value is formatted as text or a value
can we see a sample

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online