1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VMM(12)+00004C3C Error BLAHBLAHBL

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Sarge, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sarge

Sarge Thread Starter

Wassup TSG, Quick question. Im getting this error.....
    VMM(12)+00004C3C Error:OE:0028:C0283C3C
    OK, now this is the proposed solution (just wanna know if this is what I should do). Boot to safe mode once I turn on the system press F8 and go to safe mode. once there press start then select run... type scanreg.exe Will this fix the problem? What will this do?
    :confused:

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Sarge
    If you are able to boot into safe mode go to the start\run line and type in Scanreg /fix and hit enter. It would be better if you did it from the DOS Prompt.

Dave

3. Sarge

Sarge Thread Starter

Thanks Davey, type it in like this.....Scanreg/fix or Scanreg /fix? I can do it in safe mode,start,run but how do I get to the DOS prompt?

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

The command should be entered as scanreg /fix

If you can get to Safe Mode, AND this is WinME, just go to start > run and enter it. You will be prompted to reboot.

If you cannot get to Safe Mode and this is WinME you will have to use a WinME startup floppy and run the command from the a:> prompt. You can also run

scanreg /restore

and choose a registry which predates the problem.

If this is NOT WinME (and this appears to be a WinME associated error, by the way), you must boot to a DOS prompt by tapping f8 on restart and selecting the command prompt. Win ME has no real mode DOS prompt other than the boot disk itself.

http://www.techadvice.com/w98/errors/2/er_00185.htm

^^ the command line here is different but should result in the same thing if the registry is found to be corrupt.

5. Sarge

Sarge Thread Starter

Thanks alot RR, your'e a big help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!