1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VMware Vsphere Vcenter

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by faizeal, Sep 12, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. faizeal

faizeal Thread Starter

why server configuration is required to install Vcenter.

and to be installed in another server? or can be installed in the virtual machine of the same host.

2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

For large scale deployments, VMware recommends the use of vCenter on a physical server. This is due to the processing and database that is a function of vCenter.

You can run vCenter as a virtual machine. I do this with my lab setup. VMware also has a vCenter virtual appliance you can run. I don't remember what the limitations of the virtual appliance is but it was enough for me to opt to run full blown vCenter on Windows Server.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196223