1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

VOB file sharing

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sharlow, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharlow

sharlow Thread Starter

I posted this same thread earlier today and have very rudely had it closed on me without giving me a chance to reply to the comment made by another poster. As far as I know this is not copy written matterial as I recorded it myself and wish to share it free of charge amongst friends.

At least give me the chance to reply before you shut the thread on me

Seeing as this site hasn't let me down yet, I thought I'd run this little problem past you smart people and see what sort of advice you can give me.

I've got a dvd of a concert that I recorded off foxtel. I'm going to have quite a few requests for copies of this concert from fellow fans who don't have pay tv and who haven't seen this band perfoming for several years.

The dvd is recorded in VOB format. I would like to be able to upload it to some sort of website so that my friends can download it themselves at their own leisure.

Having never even tried to do anything like this before, I'm absolutely stumpped as to where to even start.

Can I upload the files in their current VOB format?
    Do I need to convert it to something else to upload it?
    What sort of program is the best if I need to covert it?
    What sort of file sharing web site should I look at using ?

All advice gratefully recieved.

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Zip the file then upload it to radipshare.com

You may need to split the file into several chunks, you can do that with winrar.

3. BarnStorm

BarnStorm

I believe the legally tricky part of this is that you recorded from pay TV but then will be distributing for free. I recall this runs afoul of some law... don't know that it's about copyright... more about distribution rights. You may wish to dig a little deeper before putting yourself in jeopardy.

4. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Hmm... I didn't read that post very carefully.

I would say that does go against some law.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This was closed once before because it is a violation of the copyright for the broadcast program, and it's closed again. Please don't make it necessary to take further action.

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

And I'm called the rude one :rolleyes:

Geesh.......................I think they ban camcorders from concerts for that very reason :rolleyes:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice