1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Vodafone Smart Tab prime 7 voice to text help

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by raygdw, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

Today I received a new Vodafone Smart Tab Prime 7 Tablet.
    I opened Google Docs to try dictating to a new doc and the microphone shows but remains turned off.
    I am sure it is something really simple but I have no idea. Tapping the icon does nothing at all.
    I have looked in settings and can't see anywhere to turn on voice to text. Searching online I find instructions for Android phones but not tablets. Those say go to settings, language and input and turn on the option but the option is just not there.
    Please can someone point me in the right direction.
    I am used to the iPad but today is my first experience with an Android Tablet.
    Thank you

2. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

If it's brand new and doesn't work, return it.

3. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

Thanks Tony but why would I return it when the problem is not with the tablet but with me not knowing how to set up the microphone?
    Hopefully someone familiar with the device will post a helpful reply

4. raygdw

raygdw Thread Starter

I have found the answer.

Go to settings > Language & Input > Keyboard > then turn on the voice to text keyboard as well as the Android keyboard.

Works like a dream.

5. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Good job! I thought the mic didn't work.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice