1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Voice control/command software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by BruinBeer, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BruinBeer

BruinBeer Thread Starter

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for voice control software that will be capable of the following :

Assigning certain words to certain keys and keyboard shortcuts. Basically, I want to control certain actions in Vegas Pro with my voice via my headset.
    For instance, if I say 'cut' it should activate the 'S' key. Or if I say 'display' it should activate the 'ctrl+insert' shortcut, which project to external monitor.

If I'm not looking for meat in a doghouse, please list some software.
    Freeware and paid software.

Ps. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64

Thank you!

2. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    I take it the VR in Win 10 pro wasn't up to the task.

I've been using Dragon Natural Speaking on a Windows platform for over a decade with good results, but not in the manner you ask for.
    I believe it will do that task, however.

The MS Windows version was supposed to be good for computer control, but imo, poor when it came to transcribing, so I haven't tried it out in a long time.

3. BruinBeer

BruinBeer Thread Starter

Thank you Johnny

I will give it a shot. Yes indeed the Windows version was no good whatsoever.

Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice