1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

voice removal software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tkh, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tkh

tkh Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I am wondering if there's any software available online that can mute the voices of singers on those MTVs but still keep the music intact, ie like KTV version.

Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You're dreaming the impossible dream here. There is no real way to remove all of the voice from a composite recording. There are programs that attempt it, but 100% success is impossible.

3. ferrija1

ferrija1

Even 10% is pretty hard. You're better off asking the record label for that.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

5. ferrija1

ferrija1

I really doubt that works, and from what it says, it seems like it's based on a bad method (it says it removes them "...by making the assumption that vocals are usually recorded equally on both channels, while the music itself is not..." which is often not true.).

6. Squashman

He just asked for suggestions. That is the only one I know of. I am sure if they google searched they would find more. I have use plenty of AnalogX's utilities and many of them do work as advertised. I have never tried this one so I don't know how well it works.

7. ferrija1

ferrija1

I wasn't trying to say that your post was bad (or be mean :eek: ) , but rather that it probably wouldn't be worth trying.

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I can't remember the name of the application, so I know this doesn't help a lot, but maybe it'll trigger someone else's memory. I read a review of an audio application in CPU Magazine a couple of months ago. It's used by professional audiophiles and DJs to manipulate music tracks in all sorts of ways. I believe the price was around $600, and it's pretty complicated, so it's not for the average user. I don't know if it removed voice tracks or not, but it seemed like it performed many advanced functions.

9. Squashman

Free is always worth trying!

10. JohnWill

Nothing is really "free" to try, you have to consider the time you spend. :)

11. ferrija1

ferrija1

Adobe Audition?

12. JohnWill

I'll be stunned if anyone has voice track removal software, but I've been stunned before. :) All I've ever seen or read about it says it's a very thorny issue and an automated method is beyond current technology. I know some people manually remove the voice tracks, but that must be really labor intensive!

13. ferrija1

ferrija1

Yes, and that's removing them through something, like this.

[​IMG]

I don't know about you, but I don't see any lyrics being sung in that. :p

14. Squashman

True. I always do say Time is Money. But that would only be worth a quarter with the amount of money my employer pays me.

15. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It wasn't Adobe. I would have remembered if it were from a major company I'd heard of before. This was more obscure though apparently well-known in the music biz.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice