Volume Bar doesn't show up on screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr M

My sound volume buttons work fine. My mute button works fine. But all of a sudden, whereas I used to get a bar across my screen when I pressed them (like I currently do when I use the "brightness" function keys) now I don't. Why?

Mr M, Go to the link below and under "Technical Support" click "FAQs", under "Option 1: TYPE IT> Model type: VAIO AR250G and click Continue. Click - Go to Model Page then in the Type your question here: type: volume bar disappeared from screen then fill in the Required and Optional boxes, click the Continue and you'll find loads of FAQ's where you may find a solution.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...rCare?storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1

Good Luck,

Tufenuf

i had the same problem but on an acer.

basically the program that runs the volume bar wasnt starting up at boot. in my case this program was called hotkeyapp.exe but it is part of acers launch manager program. maybe you have the same problem but just need to find out the name of the program that runs it.

have you tried doing a system restore?

Mr M

No luck finding a solution. And I'd rather poke my eyes out than deal with SONY's chat support.

Mr M

biagrin - I don't know how long ago the problem started exactly. I only recently noticed it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online