1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Volume Bar Missing?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RaaR, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RaaR

RaaR Thread Starter

Hello everyone.
    For the first few weeks of using Windows 7, there was a volume bar which obviously displayed the volume level when I change the volume.

Just recently, the volume bar just randomly disappeared. I didn't do anything to disable it.
    Not a huge problem, but it's really handy if it can be restored.

Does anyone know the solution to this?
    I use a Packard Bell laptop and to control the volume, there's a touch panel above the laptop if that helps.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

Open Control Panel > Taskbar and Start Menu. In Properties for the Taskbar, under Notification area, click Customize. Then choose 'Show icon and notifications' for the Volume icon.

3. itsupportlondon

itsupportlondon

If that doesn't work, on the run menu, type sndvol32. This will open the audio dialogue box.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/888047