1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Volume Control Unable to Load User Interface

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cyan2012, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cyan2012

cyan2012 Thread Starter

Recently, when starting up my pc (which uses xp media center version 2005) I started getting this error message: "Volume Control: Unable to Load User Interface. Please reinstall application."

The sound doesn't work when I play dvds, but work fine for everything else - music on youtube, etc.

Is it the drivers that I need to reinstall?

Thanks!

2. Lance1

Lance1

What do you have for a sound card? Try typing sndvol32.exe in the run command and see if it runs the Volume Control applet. Or you can Uninstall the drivers, restart the computer and reinstall the drivers and see if that works. It sounds like a drivers issue.

3. cyan2012

cyan2012 Thread Starter

I have a Dell and looking at the purchase paperwork it looks like Integrated High Definition Audio for Inspirion item number 313-4233.

When I go to start and then run and put that in the volume screen comes up. And like I said I can listen to things on my laptop no problem - it's only when I try to listen to a dvd that I can't hear anything.

4. Lance1

Lance1

The audio for that device may be disabled. Go into the device manager(“Windows key + Pause Break”) and see if it’s enabled. See attachment for details.

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      35.9 KB
      Views:
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/781950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice