Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volume Control

2K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  vicks 
#1 ·
for some reason my computer doesn't have volume. it makes a noise when i do caps lock, however it is no longer in the taskbar. when i looked at the settings for it in the list of taskbar programs, it was in the list of things that are no longer there. also, there is a shield with an X on it. there was no way to drag it back up. this is a major issue because this is my sisters laptop and she needs it back soon and i need to fix it. anywho, is there anyone out there who knows a sure way it can work because i've tried a lot of things and it just isnt working.

atarah naomi:confused:

#3 ·
Does your computer play any sound at all?

Right click 'My Computer' and select 'Manage' then 'Device Manager'. Are there any exclamation or question marks? If so double click the line with the !/? and what does it say in the middle of the box?

#8 ·
oh under sounds videos and controllers it has:audio codecs, legacy audio drivers, legacy video capture devices, media control devices, and video codecs....also, under other devices, it says multimedia audio controller and it has a question mark and an explamation point on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.