Volume controll

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spoonman22

This is driving me insane! yesterday I somehow lost the ability to controll the system volume from anywhere. I have vista home premium and just a cheap soundcard nothing special. Ive tried uninstalling the device and reinstalling . Also I use a program called Volumouse which allows me to controll volume by scrolling up or down on taskbar, I have also uninstalled this. The only thing I can do is mute. Also I believe the soundcard is Cmedia if that helps at all Thanks in advance.
P.S. I am posting this here because I do not believe this is a hardware problem as the speakers work perfectally in both the sound card audio jack as well as the onboard but the volume problem remains.

Hi

Go to your sound/audio devices in start\control panel & there should be an option to place the volume control in the task bar, probably under the volume tab

Rob

If none of these work, navigate to c:\windows\system32 right click on the file Sndvol32.exe & choose send to - desktop create shortcut.
this will put a shortcut to your volume control onto the desktop.

spoonman22

I think you have misunderstood the volume controll showed and i was able to move it but it didnt change anything. I have also since found out that I could turn the volume down or up in specific programs but not the master volume. I couldnt explain it however I have since solved the problem simply by removing the sound card, uninstalling all traces of drivers, reinserting and installing a slightly earlyer driver for the card. this for some reason completally removed the problem. Thanks for your help anyway. If this happens again im taking a brick to that soundcard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.