1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Volume Display colored bar

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hotskates, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

On my Dell laptop, powered by Windows XP.........when I raise the volume, the little display bar that is supposed to show up at the bottom of the screen is not there.

I looked on my other computer (I use Windows ME on this one) and the control for that feature is under "keyboard control" and you just check a box that says, "Enable multimedia buttons". This box is not included in windows XP under the keyboard properties. Is there another way to add this feature to my laptop?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It's usually put there by the sound card driver for that particular PC. Not all have it.

3. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Try in control panel in XP Sounds and Audio Devices >Volume> check put a volume control icon in taskbar.

4. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

I don't need help putting the volume control icon on the taskbar.....its already there and I use it all the time. :rolleyes: There is a light green line that goes across the bottom of my home computer when I raise the volume. Its kinda neat because you can see so simply when the volume goes up and down.

I think Kiwiguy was right. Especially on a laptop, they don't have all the extra programable "extra" buttons to configure.

5. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

This is the volume display bar I'm talking about. Its light green and goes across the screen according to how high the volume is turned up or down.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322763

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice