1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Volume flashing in bright green

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by icebush, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icebush

icebush Thread Starter

I'm using a backlit keyboard made by Sunbeam Tech on an HP pc running Windows XP Pro, and the keyboard has separate buttons to mute, increase, and decrease sound. The word 'volume' and blocks in bright green flash near the bottom of the screen whenever the backlight is on even if no sounds are being played. When I turn off the backlight feature, the flashing goes away, and when I turn the backlight on, the flashing green returns. I'd appreciate it if someone might know of someway I could eliminate the flashing green but still have the backlight on. Thank you.
    Icebush

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Should only flash if the volume is being adjusted, or possibly an option in the keyboard software. Have you checked the keyboard software?

3. icebush

icebush Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. Windows gives an error when trying to open the documentation file. I've had this keyboard for 2 or 3 years, and sometimes I've been able to get it to work but I don't know how, and others not. A paper that came with it said to remove previous keyboard files before using the cd to avoid any conflicts. I don't know how to do that. I thought it might be good to move the previous files to a flash drive so they could be retrieved if needed. I saw a response to a problem from TechGuy Derek in which he tells someone to 1. unplug the keyboard from the computer 2. turn off the computer 3. replug the keyboard after restarting the computer and Windows would search for the appropriate drivers. So I've been doing that and am able to use it, but when I turn on the backlight, 'volume' and some square blocks below it flash green then stop when I turn off the backlight. I've been unable to find the paper that came with the keyboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice