Volume Icon In System Tray

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vanadiel

the first solution did not detect a damaged or corrupted sndvol32.exe the second solution (microsoft) was aimed at a problem similar to mine but instead of not being able to add volume icon to systray because of error message, i AM able to add the volume icon to systray only to have it disappear after i restart my computer.... by the way i did try the 2nd solution anyway and it did not work....

Try this, right click of start, Properties, click taskbar tab(top of page), bottom of page, where it says hid inactive icons, click on Customize, find the volumn icon, click on the item on the right of the icon, always show, hide when inactive,always hide. Click on always show. This is the only thing I know that might be doing the problem.

i have the same problem of the disappearing volume icon...were there any more suggestions to solve this problem?

run adaware and spybot[links below]. After, restart, and seeif it helped any.

disabling the UPnP User Interface (Control Panel, Add/Remove Windows Components, Networking Services) is the only permanent solution I've found. Tried all above. Do I really need UPnP?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online