Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volume issues

381 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  ColmMcKeating 
#1 ·
Hi so if I set my system volume to 100 every other app stays there but when I open google chrome it drops to 10 every time and when I open Fruity Loops Studio it goes to 50. I’ve tried Microsoft support and they couldn’t figure it out and neither can I. Anyone got any ideas?

#2 ·
System Volume Information is a hidden system folder that your computer's System Restore Tool uses to store its information and restore points. And since this folder is used by Windows for system-level functions it should not be meddled with by the user.

#6 ·
Try going here:

Start Menu -> Settings -> System -> Sounds -> Sound Control Panel -> Communications tab

Under 'When Windows Detects Communications Activity' set it to 'Do Nothing', then click OK.

Test if opening Chrome and Fruity Loops still mess with the volume.

Do you make phone calls on your PC? That is what this setting is supposed to be for.
Not sure why it would be firing when opening Chrome...

Could also be the volume mixer. Start Chrome and use it to play some audio (ie: go to youtube, play a video)
While the audio is playing, right click on the speaker icon in your system tray (bottom right next to clock, may need to click up arrow there to show it if it's hidden). Select Open Volume Mixer. Should be an entry for Chrome there (may need to scroll right), check/adjust it's levels. Do the same with Fruity Loops. It should show here when it is playing audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.