1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Volume keeps going into Mute

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by laurfar, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

I have an winXP on a desktop Gateway PC. The mute keeps going on without me doing anything to the volume controls. I don't play games on this machine so that has nothing to do with this problem of the mute continuing to turn on. Is there something I can do to stop it from going into mute mode? Thanks

2. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Still having trouble with this. Is there no one out there who knows how to stop it from turning mute?

3. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

Are you using a wirless mouse? I have seen this problem solved before by simply installing new batteries in the rat. Good luck.

4. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Yes, am using a wireless mouse. Will try the new battery idea, thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/549407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice