Volume not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HSal98

Volume not working!! (And yes, my laptop is updated to the latest)

It was working perfectly fine before I sent it my school tech support.

Needed a new battery, and once I got it back the volume doesn’t work but it works fine when I use headphones.

From some googling, I clicked device manager, scrolled down to

Sound, video and game controllers, under that is:

-Intel (R) Display audio

-Realtek High Definition Audio

I have no idea what any of that means! I’m useless with computers
😭

Anyways, it says the drivers are updated.

And I did try trouble shooting a few times, it basically said there was nothing wrong

Could someone help me.

My laptop is from 2016 HP Pavilion x360 2 n 1 a 13 inch.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, HSal98, and welcome to TSG.

I moved your post from our virus and malware forum to our hardware forum for now as your problem may not be a virus or malware related.

1) Exactly what do you mean by "Volume not working"? Are you not getting any sound from the built-in speakers or do you get sound, but are unable to adjust the volume?

2) Exactly what operating system is running on the computer?

3) Is there a speaker icon showing in the taskbar? If so, does it have any kind of warning symbol on it? Can you right-click on it and choose Volume Control Options?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It's possible that they may have unplugged the speaker cable in the process of replacing the battery.

HSal98

Hi, HSal98, and welcome to TSG.

I moved your post from our virus and malware forum to our hardware forum for now as your problem may not be a virus or malware related.

1) Exactly what do you mean by "Volume not working"? Are you not getting any sound from the built-in speakers or do you get sound, but are unable to adjust the volume?

2) Exactly what operating system is running on the computer?

3) Is there a speaker icon showing in the taskbar? If so, does it have any kind of warning symbol on it? Can you right-click on it and choose Volume Control Options?
1. What I mean by this is that there is no sound coming from the built in speakers, I turned the volume all the way up and nothing. Its not muted. But when I plug in my earphones, there is sound but not from the speakers

2. Windows 10

3. The volume icon is there and its at full volume. There is no warning symbol showing. The thing is when I try to play a video (youtube for example) there is weird click or tick sound coming from the speaker. It only does that when something is playing, but when I pause the video the weird sound stops.

HSal98

It's possible that they may have unplugged the speaker cable in the process of replacing the battery.
If that's the case, I may have to call them back on Monday, and they better not charge me a fee for that.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If you are sure you are hearing a click from the speakers, as you mention above, it is unlikely that they are unplugged internally.

That said, though, if the speakers were working prior to the work being done, they should be responsible for any "damage" done in the process.

cwwozniak

Chuck
3. The volume icon is there and its at full volume. There is no warning symbol showing. The thing is when I try to play a video (youtube for example) there is weird click or tick sound coming from the speaker. It only does that when something is playing, but when I pause the video the weird sound stops.
One other thing to check would be to right-click on the speaker icon and Open Volume Mixer. Then make sure that all volume settings are maximized.

But when I plug in my earphones, there is sound but not from the speakers
Do the earphones work properly when plugged in?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online