1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Volume on internal speaker

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Bob Parks, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Parks

Bob Parks Thread Starter

Hello,

I have Parkinson's disease so I use voice recognition software.

The problem occurs when I want to edit my dictation and I want to play back my words. It seems there is a speaker buried deep in the computer. The volume on that speaker is so low as to be almost useless.

I would like either to adjust that volume or direct the audio through my normal speakers.

I'm ignorant of computer terminology so I may have viewed the settings but not recognized them.

Your guidance will certainly be appreciated.

Thank you

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    This probably should be in the hardware forum, but here goes. ;)

I am guessing you do not have the speakers plugged in if you are not hearing anything through them. When you plug in the speakers it will usually stop using the internal speaker. You want to plug your speakers into a like colored port on the back of the PC coming out of your sound card. It will have lots of tiny holes in it like you would plug a headset into. If it is not the same color then it will probably show you an arrow pointing out from the center.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/717399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice