1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Volume Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dianamiranda, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianamiranda

dianamiranda Thread Starter

I have Windows XP and just had to get my hard drive replaced. After I came home and set up my computer, there is no longer sound coming from my monitor. I have a ViewSonic w/built-in speakers. I have gone into 'control panel', 'sounds & audio devices properties' and it says "NO AUDIO DEVICE". I try increasing the volume by using the increase button on my keyboard and it says 'increasing volume' at the bottom of my screen but no noise at all. Also, there is no volume icon at the bottom of my screen.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Monitor with built in speakers? Cool.
    Something like that sounds like it may require special drivers. Otherwise Windows wouldn't know it was there. :D
    Or at the very lest, I would think it has it's own wire to plug into the audio out. ????

I don't know the details of your monitor, but have a look here: http://www.viewsonic.com/support/drivers/index.cfm
    see if there are specific drivers for the model you have.

Edit; I asked your post be moved to a location that may offer more views and help. :D
    (Originally in Reviews)

3. ukoldgit

ukoldgit

You say that you had the hard drive replaced. Was this the C drive ? If so have you had the OS reinstalled because if you have then I suspect you nolonger have the sound driver installed, which is why as you say " I have gone into 'control panel', 'sounds & audio devices properties' and it says "NO AUDIO DEVICE".

If its an on board sound card you'll probably need the motherboard drivers. Either way, on board or a seprate card it looks like you need to reinstall the driver. You can usually find the drivers by typing into google the make of your PC and sound driver.

I use to have the same monitor, you dont need drivers for it.

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice