1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Volume problems with Kworld TV tuner card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dmacattack24, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmacattack24

dmacattack24 Thread Starter

I just installed a brand new Kworld MPEG TV tuner card. Everthing works great for about 30 to 40 seconds and then the voume just kicks off. I can re-open the WinDVR software and the volume will work again for about 30 to 40 seconds. I can also hit mute and then turn the mute off and will work for about 30 t0 40 seconds. This has to be some simple setting that needs changed but i can't figure it out. I know that the volume works for an exact amount of time each time. Any suggestions???

2. Piringa

Piringa

Yeah just take it out of your case and toss it in the microwave after a good stomping lol no wait. Try another type of software to capture video n sound. You can always try to find support for it. Thats why I dont like buying what I call NO NAME BRAND. No offense.

Look for driver updates from the manufacturer. Or reinstall.

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

You need to change the input for recording preference. What's happening is that you have it buffering for a minute or so for instant replay, when it start's replaying from the buffer, (because of the audio input for recording setting) your sound go's off. ;)

At least that's my thought...

I wouldn't take offense at what the previous poster wrote.. Not even the big names can get a tvtuner card problem free. ATI has definate problems, so does Pinnacle, as others.. Tv tuners are notoriously fickle.

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

5. dmacattack24

dmacattack24 Thread Starter

Do you have any suggestions for software to try? WinDVR is really popular and thats what i have.

6. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice