1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

volume problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mandyox, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mandyox

mandyox Thread Starter

i use morpheus, and after i watched a video file is when this problem started. the volume was completely cut off all of a sudden. i managed to get the volume back but there is no volume control icon in the taskbar and when i do start>programs>accessories>entertainment>volume control, nothing happens. i also can't adjust volume in winamp. oddly enough, the volume adjuster in morpheus works fine. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Deathblow

Deathblow

Go to Start/settings/control panel/Sound and Audio Devices, and see if "Place volume icon in the taskbar" is checked.

3. mandyox

mandyox Thread Starter

it actually won't let me...it's gray and uncheck-able

4. Deathblow

Deathblow

First I'd try uninstaling morpheus. If that doesn't fix it, I'd try reinstalling the sound card.

5. mandyox

mandyox Thread Starter

how do i reinstall the sound card?

6. Deathblow

Deathblow

Go to device manager, and remove it. Then when you reboot it should detect it again and ask you for the drivers and software.

7. mandyox

mandyox Thread Starter

thank you very much for the help. i can't seem to remember how to get to the device manager though.

8. Deathblow

Deathblow

Start/settings/control panel/system/hardware

9. mandyox

mandyox Thread Starter

before i remove it, by software do you mean a cd? is that what i use to reinstall the sound card?

10. Deathblow

Deathblow

Depends, could be on a CD, or it might use Windows Built in drivers and such.

11. mandyox

mandyox Thread Starter

the sound is back, winamp volume control is back,and i can get the volume control back. but i went to the control panel to see if i could put the volume control on the taskbar, but there's no Sound and Audio Devices. thank you for all the help by the way

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice