Vonage D-Link VWR Proxy Setting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

foudafone

Hi, I've got a Vonage D-Link VWR Router. I tried it at home and it works fine. Now I am trying to put it on a company's network, in which I am specified a static IP address, Gateway and DNS servers. In addition they also use proxy server to access internet and for this server we have a user name and password.
I was able to access the router and configure the IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS but I don't find a place to put proxy server settings. As a result, I cannot access the internet using the device and also the Phone line LED is not on.
Please help :)
Thanks

JonathanAnon

Banned
You need to be clearer. What did you test at home??? I assume that you plugged it into your broadband line, connected your PC to it and it worked. Is that right?

And when you say that the clients in work use a proxy server, but there must already be an Internet connection. Is this a dialup modem on the server, is it a leased line, do you have another broadband modem in place???

From the description that you have given I think you need to leave the clients pointed to the proxy server (i.e. as they are), and set the gateway of the proxy server to be the broadband router.

foudafone

At home I had a broadband line, to which I connect my Vonage VWR through an Ethernet cable. At work, I have a network switch to which I connect my laptop and other computers to access internet. Instead of my laptop I am trying to connect Vonage Router. I try to give it the same static IP Address, netwrok configuration and everything.

Actually I'm concerned more bout the phone service on the router. Can it work?

JonathanAnon

Banned
Okay lets take it step by step.
The phone service light is not on, on the router, is that right?
I take it this means that it does not detect the DSL, has the line been upgraded for DSL. And when you connect to the router, and do a system diagnostic what does it tell you about the line.

foudafone

The company is a customer. They have IT department but they're not very willing to help as I'm not an employee.

foudafone

The phone line LED is not on, this is true, but I don't think it's because it doesn't recognize DSL. I'm not sure if you understand my situation:

The Vonage VWR has Ethernet port for WAN, to which I connect the company's Ethernet Connection. On the Router there is LED called "Internet" that turns on when I connect the Ethernet of the company to WAN port. The phone Service is a service that needs the Router to be connected to the internet, so I think the problem is that the Proxy Settings are not on the Router so the router does not see the internet provided by the company.

Here's a link for the router manual:
http://www.vonage.com/knowledgeBase/admin/file_download.php?name=VWR_UserGuide.pdf

DoubleHelix

Banned
I don't see this succeeding if the company isn't going to help you attach a router to their network.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts