1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

voodoo3 3000 and motherboard incompatable?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ken mullins, May 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ken mullins

ken mullins Thread Starter

I think I have a compatibility problem between my voodoo3 3000 agp card and my board(gigabyte ga-bx2000). When I play graphically intensive programs like dues ex ,sof or IGI . My machine will crash( screen goes blank or multiple lines and emits a loud squealing noise. The only way to get out of it is to do a warm boot. But, like I said it is random and I do not know what is causing it. I have heard from other people that it might be a compatibility problem. If anyone could help it would be appreciated. Oh ya, I tried updating drivers also to know luck. Hope someone can help!
    Cheers

2. brianF

brianF

those voodoo cards run hot, try taking the case cover off, point a fan inside, and play, does it still crash

3. brianF

brianF

4. ken mullins

I will try the cover trick and I will also go check out the tweak. Thanx

5. ken mullins

I took the cover off and I tried the tweak and still no joy I am going to send a e-mail to 3dfx and se what they have to say

6. brianF

brianF

Sorry to tell you but 3dfx is no more, they went out of business a couple months ago. I don't think you will get a reply

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/44272

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice