1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Vosteran

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pin62, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pin62

pin62 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Alan
    I seem to have this on my laptop can someone help me to remove it please. I'm not very good with computers so any help is much appreciated.Thankyou pin62.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Please download AdwCleaner.

• Double-click the adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
    • Click Scan.
    • When the scan is finished, click Clean.
    • When the cleaning process is over, click Report and a Notepad window will be opened.
    • Please post the contents into your next reply.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please download and run the free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

• Select the language and click OK.
    • Accept the agreement.
    • Make sure the Enable the Free Trial box is deselected and the Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware box is selected, and then click on Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Scan Now.
    • The scan may take some time to complete, so please be patient.
    • When the scan is completed, click on Quarantine All.
    • Click on Copy to Clipboard.
    • Paste the contents into your next reply.
    • You may be prompted to restart the computer instead, to complete the removal process.
    • If indeed prompted, upon restart, launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and select History.
    • Double-click on the last scan done, then on Copy to Clipboard.
    • Paste the contents into your next reply.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Go here, then click the large blue "Download Now @ Bleeping Computer" button to download and save AdwCleaner.exe to your desktop.

Close all open windows first, then double-click AdwCleaner.exe to load its main window.

Click the "Scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.
    (Note: There may be several seconds delay before the progress bar appears, so be patient.)

Click the "Report" button.

When the log appears, save it.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE log here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

4. pin62

pin62 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Alan
    Thank you both for your help it is very much appreciated. Think I've solved it but cannot get the information you've asked for but I've managed to get some information, sadly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but it may to you.

Adware

Quarantine

C:\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Setup.dat->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Setup.dat.vir
    C:\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Setup.exe->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Setup.exe.vir
    C:\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Setup.ico->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\Setup.ico.vir
    C:\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\_Setup.dll->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\_Setup.dll.vir
    C:\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\_Setupx.dll->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\ProgramData\Tarma Installer\{361E80BE-388B-4270-BF54-A10C2B756504}\_Setupx.dll.vir
    C:\Users\mr pindler\AppData\Local\apn\GoogleCRXs\aaaaabfjnbeinlpljodiajipidiompfl_7.15.13.0.crx->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\mr pindler\AppData\Local\apn\GoogleCRXs\aaaaabfjnbeinlpljodiajipidiompfl_7.15.13.0.crx.vir

Malware

only goes on to Quarantine with no possibility to Double-click on the last scan done,
    then on Copy to Clipboard. On the left hand side are 2 options Quarantine and Application Logs.
    6 threats have been quarantined. I'm unable to copy and paste these as the only option
    I have is to Delete All. I haven't done this yet as I'm not sure if you can tell me how I retrieve
    this information for you to view. One of the items in the quarantine is the one I was having problems with.

Thanks so much again,
    pin62

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice